Tuesday, August 05, 2008

WOW!! I'M 60 NOW!!

August 4, 1948.... Day of my birth.... 60 long, long, long years ago.... (Thank you for that "kind" reminder, Vaughn)My dear "brother" Vaughn....



Debbie thought that since I would be turning "60", It should be reason to have a party..... So her and Bruce put their heads together (with a little help from me) to throw me a 60th Birthday Party..... She also thought I should have my very own tiara to wear.... I'm thinking "Why?" "Isn't turning 60 enough to deal with?"

Lots of good food to go around....

Pizza, pizza, pizza.....And we can't forget the beautiful birthday cake from Alteri's.... Chocolate cake with raspberry filling and of course chocolate frosting.....
For a change, I wasn't in charge of the camera... That was left to Bruce and our good friend, Lil....
Lil and her husband, Will...

Knowing my love for veggies (NOT), my boss, Pete, couldn't resist giving me a bag of zuchinni and summer squash.... Thank you, Pete... Thank you so very much!!!

He also couldn't resist giving me a flashlight .... The story behind that is Bruce and I had been experiencing some electrical problems (which our good brother, Vaughn was so good to fix for us in the meantime)... which left us without lights in our Master bathroom and our guest bedroom.... But to give credit where it's due... He and Kim also gave me a gift certificate for the Chocolate Cottage.... more than made up for the other two gifts..... Can't wait to hit that place....
My boss, Pete.....Our good friend, Donna....

My card from my favorite aunt, Aunt Bett... which she also reminded me, she's my only aunt, but she'd still be my favorite even if I had many, many more.... And I know I'm her favorite niece too.... Just don't tell my cousin, Jeanette, she thinks she's the favorite....
Debbie's and our new little kid sister, Karen.... isn't she just the cutest thing.... Welcome to our family sis....

MerMer and BonBon.... together again....
Debbie and me....

Debbie, knowing how much I've wanted bushes for around the house (like forever)... got me these two little bushes here.... Now I just have to figure out where we'll be planting them.... I have a couple of ideas.... So have your shovel ready, Bruce....

Our guys getting some fresh air on the front porch...... (I finally got my hands on the camera)....
Pete and Kim heading home (and trying to avoid me and my camera... didn't work)...


Thanks Debbie and Bruce.... What a great party.... I am definitely a blessed woman..... with great friends, and especially a great husband....

3 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie and Fred said...

Happy birthday Merredith. WOW!!!! 60 years old. That used to seem old, but not anymore. Sounds like you had a great time. Sorry we could not make it. Fred

5:48 AM  
Blogger Adam and Raechell said...

I remember thinking how far away 40 seemed and I've only got 4 years until I hit that number myself. :p

I look at age through much wiser eyes now and realize...woohoo. still many years to go! :D

It's not the age, but what you do with it that counts. Teehee. I plan on being spectacular at 60...just like our Aunt Merredith! :D
You go girl!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Tasha Lehman said...

Glad you had a great party, wish we could have been there! Maybe for 61?!

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home