Sunday, April 02, 2006

Lasagna Dinner with the Russell Family

4/1/06.... Russell Family coming over for Lasagna Dinner... Our last meal together as a family for what may be a very long, long time...... And here's where it starts folks... right here in "mama's" kitchen..... A little bit of this.........
And a little bit of this...... (My secret recipe)
Combine it all in my "Speicial Lasagna Dish" A birthday gift from my good friend, Betty, for my 50th birthday.... Wonderful gift Betty.... Wouldn't/couldn't even think about making lasagna without it..... Of course I can feed an army with all this holds... that's ok... plenty to send some home with the Russells and plenty left over for us too.... Here we have Jasonn killing some time playing a game of Spider while he waits for dinner....
I handed my camera over to Kyle and told him to take a few pictures... By the look on Papa's and Mommy's faces ... I'm thinking they're thinking he may have taken a few too many already... I gave Olivia my exercise ball... and the boys decided to try it out....
At last.... time to remove the lasagna from oven.... giving it a few minutes to cool down while the garlic bread is heating in the oven....

Garlic Bread is done..... TIME TO EAT!!

Finally dinner is over and sitting around the dining room table enjoying some conversation... If you're wondering about the board across the chairs..... I was telling Klaus and Olivia about my plans to lower my dining room and living room (top) curtains and putting a shelf above my windows... (another place to store my blue and white stuff)....
I came up with the idea we play a board game... A couple of years ago Bruce's daughter, Alyson, gave us this really neat board game "Scene It"... but for one reason or the other we hadn't gotten around to playing it.... I decided it was time.....
As you can see.... the game includes the game-board, playing cards.... and also a DVD where we use the TV.... The object of the game (besides winning) is all related to naming different movies and actors/actresses .... you have to either guess the movie... the actor/actress.... as well as a few twists throughout to keep it interesting....After reading the rules.... we were ready to begin....

Klaus making his play (Klaus & Jasonn were partners in the first game and Kyle and Olivia... Bruce and I were on our own the 1st game..then Kyle decided to partner up with Bruce for the second game and Jasonn moved on to play with Olivia).....
Olivia reading directions on one of the cards for her and Jasonn.... Bruce and Kyle trying to read one of the board cards to determine their next move... "Come on Dice, give me another "All Play".... Seems that was the only one I could roll....whether I wanted it or not.....
One of the questions had to do with a "Wheel of Fortune" type of questions where they'd put up the letter to the title of a movie (one at a time).... Would you believe it.... Klaus guessed the title with just one letter appearing... The title??..... "On Golden Pond".... (I do believe he might be gloating a bit here)..

Olivia and Jasonn's turn to play.....
Kyle got to shake the dice and Bruce read the directions on the board cards during the 2nd game...(Bruce was also the DVD Master)
Klaus doing the winner's dance here.... He won the 2nd game.... (Oh yeah... I won the first game... did a little dance of my own too... but nobody caught a picture of that one.... probably just as well they didn't... lol)
The Champions!!! Great Game Alyson.... next time you're in town... we definitely have to play this game together.... Before leaving Klaus loaded up a little take home dish of lasagna for himself.... He had his eyes on the cheesecake too.... but I wasn't so ready to share there.....
Before I'd let them leave.... I told them we had to get a family picture of all of us together... with Klaus leaving within the week for SC and Olivia and the boys following him in June... who knows when we'll get a chance for a group photo again..... But of course getting everyone rounded up was easier said then done....
Klaus goofing off by blocking me from the photo (Bruce is our photographer for these shots)
Still feeling a little silly and finding it hard to settle down for a serious photo....

After several tries... we finally got this one..... Had a great visit.... I'm really going to miss you guys..... Don't forget where the Mama lives.... YOU HEAR!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam and Raechell said...

Awesome Pics! What a great time you guys had. Thanks for sharing!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home