Saturday, July 22, 2006

Cronk's Camp

7/22/06.... After marching with the Hallelujah Hunnies in the Sackets Harbor Can-Am Parade, the Queen Mum invited her court to a cookout at her family's summer cottage by the lake.... Once there, the camera(wo)man within me took over...... This quaint little cottage has been in the family for many years..... Looking out on the lake from the front of the cottage....
Of course for those who prefer a tad more comfort.... There's the alternative cottage....(Don & Donna's little get-a-way).....
A side view of the "old" camp as you enter the property.....
Another view of the lake ......
Don manning the grill.....
Time to eat......
One loan seagull soaring over the lake.... (This one's for you Val).....
From the shore, you could barely make out these beautiful swans.... But with my new "birthday" camera with the 10X lens... I was able to catch this shot ....... (I think I may have to upgrade my lens so I can get an even closer shot next time around)......
Nature in motion.....
A water still life.....
A blossom in the midst.....
Two men, a dog, and a beautiful view.... What more could they want.....
Beauty found..... Even in a simple shed......
canoing anyone??......
Don & Bruce.....
Many a good time has been spent around this pit..... roaring fire burning away...... a good variety of stories and laughter..... shared amongst the company of good friends and family.....
A dash of cattails here and there......
Nature's kitchen.....
As we were driving away I made Bruce stop the car so I could snap this one last picture.....

Thanks Don & Donna for a very enjoyable afternoon..... Looking forward to the next time... And we'll work on setting up a good weather report for that day... NO RAIN!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home