Friday, August 04, 2006

Celebrating My 58th Birthday At The Office

August 4, 2006 I turn 58.... YIKES!!! Two years away from 60 and 5 years away from retirement!!!! I decided to take my birthday off from work so I could just do what ever my little heart desired..... Sooooo......Bonnie & Pete gave me a party at the office on the 3rd...... Here are gifts they got me........ just begging me to open them..... The flowers were a gift to the office from one of our clients... Aren't they beautiful!!! And here's my chocolate cake..... just begging me to cut into it.... Just in case you're wondering... MerMer is my office nickname (pronounced maremare).... I'm MerMer and Bonnie is BonBon....
First things first..... Time to open the presents.... Pete gave me a Lowe's Gift Card.... Can't wait to hit that store and see what I can find for myself... Pete had in mind the flower section (as we all love to garden)... and I just may go with that idea.... but we're talking Lowe's here... who knows what I may end up getting.....
Showing off my new necklace and earrings from Bonnie... The bigger necklace is the one from Bonnie.... I've always been a 'gold' person, but have recently started breaking myself into the silver.....
Bonnie also gave me these great assorted sizes.....acylic .... magnetic frames for my refridgerator.... I had seen the ones she had and told her I wanted to get some for myself... Well she beat me to it.... I have them filled and on my refridgerator already.... Does that surprise anyone!!??...
Time to have a few friends from the building to stop in for ice cream & cake (and a few snacks)... This is Ann who works way up on the 3rd floor with DSS....
And of course we couldn't have a party without inviting our good friend, Mark.... You can tell he's having a good time by that big smile plastered all over his face..... He's a real party animal this one....
And here's Tom, one of Mark's summer helpers.... He's just starting his sophomore year at college this fall..... Tom is looking at something in the line of civil engineering....
Matt's another one of his helpers and heading into his sophomore year at college too... Matt is considering something in the law field.... Both are very fine young men.... and hard workers too....
Just sitting around eating and chatting.....
While everyone is in the outer office having a good time .... Ole Pete was hard at work keeping the office running.....
Another good friend, Vicki.... whom I affectionately call "V" and she calls me "M".... old joke between us that goes way back.... Thanks EVERYONE for helping me celebrate my birthday......

And Thank you Bonnie & Pete for the great gifts and the GREAT Party!!! (AND for those of you who might be wondering if any work DID get done.... yes it DID....)

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam and Raechell said...

How fun! Happy Birthday Aunt Merredith! You look beautiful! :D

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home