Sunday, December 31, 2006

Snow in December 2006

It's long after Christmas.... but it is finally snowing.... These next 3 photos are of the field just off our back yard.... I stepped out the back door by a couple of steps to get these shots.... I was afraid if I got too far out, I'd get the lense of the camera wet....


This is at the entrance to the park where we live.... So pretty how the snow is sticking to the branches of the pine trees....
This barn sets way back in the field, just across the road....
Every time I see these 4 trees, I promise myself that one of these days I'm going to take the time to get a good picture of them.... They just seem so majestic to me..... And today was the day..... I'd like to come back again another day and get a picture when the branches are fully laden with snow... It's really a beautiful sight to see......
If you stand in just the right place at the entrance of the park, you can get some good pictures of the pine trees without also getting shots of the close by trailers..... Tricky but can be done as you can see here...
Getting caught up in the mood, I decided to venture further out and jumped in the car and took the short jaunt down the road to Talcott Falls..... As always, a great photo opportunity awaited me.... The falls were gushing into the waiting river, offering up the chance to get several good photos... Here are just a couple I got....



Just across the road, you can see the river continuing to flow off into the distant trees ahead.......
Couldn't resist catching a shot of this bluff just off to the side of the falls.... It seems to make a statement all it's own ........

Hope you enjoyed the pictures..... If we can get some more snow fall, and it sticks for any length of time, I hope to venture out even further to see what photo opportunities I can find.... Might be a fun day for Bruce and I.... Just jump in the car and see where the day leads us.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie and Fred said...

Beautiful pictures Merredith!!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home