Saturday, August 02, 2008

Quilting For Merredith

As I may have mentioned .... The other three ladies are into quilting.... Vicky is the pro of the group and Cindy close behind her... And Val is coming on board quickly herself... Now me, on the other hand, have never made a quilt... I have thought about it once or twice and even made a stab at it many years ago... but never got much past that point... So now here was my opportunity to check it out... up close and personal..... Cindy took us to her favorite little Quilt shop so we could do some shopping.... This little shop sits way out in the country surrounded by beautiful scenery everywhere.... That alone made the trip worth while.....


These are quilts Cindy made and had brought to the quilt shop to have them quilted (for lack of knowing a better term, basically they have a machine here that can do fancy stiching all over the quilt).... Didn't she do just a beautiful job!!!......


Now this table runner (below) caught my eye... The shades of blue and yellow spoke to me..... And Cindy suggested to me that Vicky might be willing to make one for me.... So I found a ready made package with similar colors and Vicky took it back to Kentucky with her to make..... She gave me a call the other day to let me know it was finished and would soon be on its way to New York.... I can't wait to see it!!! (THANK YOU VICKY!!!)

My material.....

Val, also found some pretty fabric to make a quilt with.... How about them bright colors!!!
Four happy shoppers.....

Back at the house, Vicky measuring out the material for my table runner, while Cindy works on one of her pot holders....



The Four Quilting Ladies......

With my left over material from the table runner, the girls showed me how to make a pot holder for myself.... Don't look too closely.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home