Monday, May 15, 2006

Looking for Frogs

Kyle sitting on the back deck wondering what to do now that Nana told him and his brother to go outside and play for awhile... It was just to nice a day to spend inside playing video games.... I'm not sure who had the idea first, but finally Olivia and the boys decided to check out the back field for frogs.....
Jasonn sitting on the back deck (probably thinking about playing with his hand held game).... I grabbed my camera.... Knowing there'd be some good photo opportunities ahead and followed them...... Got them to pose for this picture in the middle of their search for frogs.....
Olivia watching her boys play.....
I think they may have found one here.... Have to give Olivia a lot of credit here for venturing in that close with all those creepy crawly creatures lurking about.... As for me.... I went no further than the edge of the field and even then wondered if I might be getting to close to the unkown.... There's this long deep ditch that sets several feet back from our back yard.... The purpose is to prevent water overflow into our yards as the field is very wet during the spring season.... Mother Nature harbors frogs.... and oh yes... even snakes in it..... some of which have actually ventured into my yard...... I can remember one very cool summer when they all seemed to take solace in our yard throughout the summer and of course after a few run ins...... I rarely left my house......So although I wanted to get some good pictures.... There was no way I was going any further in then the edge of the field.... Here the boys are searching for more frogs.... No problem... it's loaded with them.... They found plenty....
I'm not sure how many they found... but I do know they had fun looking.... And I had fun snapping pictures of my brave and very handsome grandsons.....
Of course it was fun snapping pictures of my beautiful daughter in law as well.... Olivia striking a nice pose here.....
Jasonn giving Nana a thumbs up......

I told the boys they could find as many frogs as they wanted but the rule was that they were never to enter Nana's yard..... I don't think they cared as long as they got to play with them ....After hanging out with the frogs for awhile, we built up an appetite for dessert so headed back to the house for some of Olivia's delicious Apple Cake...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home