Saturday, May 27, 2006

Front Yard is Done.... Next... The Backyard...

I had some left over Impatiens, so thought I'd plant them in with this new perennial I'm hoping will take and continue to return year after year.... It has these pretty salmon colored flowers that grow on it and should spread considerably and cover the whole area beneath the tree.... At least that's what I'm hoping for....The little green leaf plant over to the left is the same as one I put in last summer (it's an annual)and before the summer ended, that whole area was completely filled in.... I liked it so much I decided to get it again this year even though it's not a perennial..... The little plant to the right is a Dark Leaf Clover Plant (Dark Dancer).... This plant should come back year after year and I'm hoping will fill in more area over time....
This is the second year for my Rododendrom .... I got it at K-Mart.... I was told it prefers the shade so this is where she ended up.... this area gets the least amount of sun then any other area in my yard.... I'm hoping each year she'll grow bigger and bigger (so far so good)...
I'm not sure what the name of this bush is.... but when I bought it, it was a lot smaller .... I think she can get pretty big before she's done... Maybe I'll actually have to start trimming her back in a couple of years... But for now, I'll see just how much more she'll grow.... Right next to it over to the right are my Shasta daises... They were given to me by Linda S. ...... And would you believe it.... right in the middle of them are these lilies of the Valley.... Of course by time the Daisies are finished growing the lilies are overwhelmed to say the least.... But much prefer the Shasta Daisies and not being that good at uprooting and replanting.... I'll just live things the way they are and if the lilies don't make it.... they'll just have to try harder next year.... The little red leaf bush growing in the center of the porch was very tiny when I planted her a couple of years ago... This year she's showing some real growth potential.... It'll be a few more years before she starts to get trimmed back too.... I'm hoping it'll get big enough to fill in a big chunk of the center front area....
Every year I plant Impatiens around our light pole as well as in front of the house, along our sidewalk.... I love to mix different colors together..... By the time summer is over these flowers will grow to unbelievable heights.... And are so beautiful!!! I
Last year the Impatiens were reaching up and beyond the siding .... These are one of my favorite flowers and although I'm trying to implement more perennials into my yard.... I will always put these in....
This probably won't be the permanent spot for this little beauty.... but I'm liking it here for now.... I doubt we'll hang it as it gets too windy up here and each year I hang plants only to have them terribly beaten about and loose a lot of the flowers on them... So this year this baby is staying grounded!! I may still buy a hanging basket for the back and front but on a much smaller scale.... I can't remember what the name of these two plants are... all I remember is that they are another perennial and I'm thinking of putting them somewhere around the front porch as well.... They're suppose to spread as well..... Mama's gloves got a good work out today..... Not to mention my poor ole body... I can only pray I can still move when tomorrow morning comes around....Meanwhile... they did their part and time to set them aside until tomorrow when we'll start all over again in the backyard....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home