Sunday, September 24, 2006

Happy 57th Birthday Bruce

September 23rd.... Bruce's 57th Birthday has arrived.... The morning started out as any other for him... Up at 4 a.m. (actually a sleep in morning for him).... and off to work.... It may be a weekend day for most of us, but Saturday is just another work day for my man.... Knowing I had plenty to accomplish before he returned home, I too was up just as early and rushing around the house preparing for the day..... Around 8:30 I got a call from Bruce's sister, Bonnie, asking if we had room for two more for Bruce's Birthday dinner.... WELL OF COURSE!!! And believe it or not... I was able to keep it to myself until they arrived right around 3 p.m..... (and it was killing me)... And he was SURPRISED too.... What a great idea, Bonnie... So glad you and Fred could join us.... I know it made the day even more special for Bruce.... We had a good couple hours to sit about and visit before our other guest would arrive....
I had thought of going all out and buying several balloons to put about the house, but decided one would do.... But I also bought some fresh flowers to add a little extra touch...
Set out a few appetizer to munch on while I finalized the dinner....
Finally our good friends arrived.... Vaughn & Debbie, Walter & Patty....
and Don & Donna....
Time to eat... Roast Pork, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, green bean casserole and some of Bruce's great potato rolls..... Can you believe it... I forgot to take a picture of the Birthday Ice Cream Cake.... But just so you know... it was beautiful!!!
After dinner we sat around the table and Bruce and Walter got to open their Birthday Cards... OH YEAH... forgot to mention .... 9/23 is also Walter's birthday... so we decided to include him too.... OF COURSE!! We love you Walter!!
Vaughn & Debbie got Walter this neat "John Deere" outside thermometer ....
Vaughn helping Bruce open his gift.... A "John Deere" wall clock (Yet to be decided where it will go.... my living room....NOT)...
Patty wanted to get a picture of me and Bruce.... so here we are... smooching once again... Just can't keep my hands off this guy!!!
The clock has pictures of all these different types of "John Deere" tractors WITH SOUND!! Oh yes.... it makes a tractor sound every hour....they're suppose to sound different from the other... but they all sound the same to me.....


It was an early day..... a busy day.... a FUN DAY.... Time spent with good friends.... Who could ask for anything more..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRUCE!!! LOVE YOU... LOVE YOU....LOVE YOU!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam and Raechell said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Bruce! :) It looks like you had a wonderful day!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Looks like a great birthday party! I'm so glad Fred and Bonnie were able to be there. What a great surprise!

Happy Birthday Uncle Bruce!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home