Thursday, July 26, 2007

My Christmas Cactus

I've had my Christmas Cactus for over 10 years..... She started out as a small plant and over the years has grown into this beautiful plant that just loves to blossom several times a year.... I've been so proud of her..... Unfortunately, the weight of her branches became too much for her and possibly her pot too small..... and every now and then I'd notice a large branch would have fallen off..... I'm talking LARGE.... After nurturing her all these years, I couldn't just let her die, so I contacted one of our local florist shops and asked if they could help me restore her..... The first photo is how she use to look before the branches started dropping off....

This is how she looks today after I had picked her up from the Florist.... Considering how much she was thinning out before, I think they did a wonderful job putting new life into her... Now all I have to do is keep her pinched back on a more regular basis...

I was told it may take her awhile before she'd blossom again.... but I'm not really worried about that right now.... Just glad they were able to restore her ...... Meanwhile, I just keep a good eye on her progress and continue to nurse her along.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home