Friday, August 17, 2007

A Day at the Beach

My first day in South Carolina was basically getting settled in and dealing with a bad headache that just wouldn't go away (I think brought on by my fear of flying and the tension therein) On my second day I awoke bright and early and feeling much better..... Klaus had to work part of the day but was sent home early due to the extreme heat conditions (110 degree Heat Index).... As soon as he got home we headed off to the beach (5 minutes from their doorstep.... can you imagine)...I snapped this picture as they were setting up their site on the beach.... Didn't realize at the time my camera lens had steamed up from the heat..... I had to keep wiping it off throughout the day..... along with the lens of my glasses......





Thinking about going into the water......



I took this picture of Olivia and the boys and it wasn't until later when we were downloading the pictures into her computer, we realized I may have also gotten a picture of a big fish jumping up out of the water.... Check out the upper left hand corner .... We did see dolphins earlier.... so who knows???......


Olivia really needs to do something to get into shape.....

Same for Klaus.....



And then there's Mom....


And here's my Jasonn.....


And of course, our little surfer boy, Kyle....


Kyle playing in the sand... Looking for sea shells and baby clams....


Jasonn building a sand castle....

Isn't the ocean just beautiful!!! I visited it 3 times during my stay.... Each time something different to see and enjoy.....

As hot as it was, there was NO WAY I was going any further out then just to my knees.... And then with much caution...... Just before I left home, Bruce and I watched a program on TV all about sharks..... No way I was taking any chances....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home