Friday, August 17, 2007

Arriving in South Carolina

August 8th, 2007.... After what seemed like flying forever and dealing with a 44 minute lay over in Charlotte, NC, fearing I'd miss my connection (flying not one of my favorite things and this time I was flying solo) , I finally arrived at the Myrtle Beach Airport in South Carolina.... Olivia was there to greet me as I entered the lobby of the airport..... After grabbing my one suitcase, we headed off to the parking lot to her little Miada.... I know this first picture looks foggy.... It wasn't a foggy day ... My camera lens steamed up from leaving the air conditioned airport lobby, to the over 100 degree temperature awaiting us outside.... I encountered this little problem with my camera and my glasses often during my stay....


We just barely had enough room in her trunk to hold my suitcase.... But we did get it in...


And barely enough seat room let alone foot room with my carry on bag taking up most of the floor space....


And here we are..... ready to hit the highway...... First time I ever road in a car that when I looked over to the car next to us, I was face to face with the car's tire....LOL


My son, Klaus and his wife, Olivia....


My grandson, Jasonn.... I couldn't get over how tall he had gotten.... and even more handsome then I last remembered....

My grandson, Kyle.... He may not have grown as tall as Jasonn, but I could see some definite growth sprout there as well.... and more handsome then ever too....


So looking forward to the week ahead..... Not sure what the plans are besides R&R with my family..... but then that's why I'm there...... I've missed them all so much, and despite my fear of flying and not at all liking the idea of leaving my hubby behind ..... I knew I had to make this trip..... This visit will have to hold me over until we can get together again ..... And who really knows when that will take place.... We all live such busy lives....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home