Sunday, August 26, 2007

Family Get-Together at Aunt Bett's

August 25, 2007..... With everyone having such busy lives and Mother and Ray soon to heading back to Florida, we were rapidly running out of time to get together ..... Aunt Bett and I finally put our heads together and started planning and inviting...... and we were able to get a few of us together at her place for a little cook out....

Here's Mother and me..... (Can you believe she's 83 years old)....


Aunt Bett and Mother... (they are the only living siblings left in their family).... And believe me when I say.... Sibling rivalry lives on no matter the age.... As does the love....



My cousin Jeanette with Mother and Aunt Bett's dog.... (Jeanette is the daughter of Mother's oldest (deceased) sister Aunt Cora).....


Mother and her "Sweetie", Ray.... (He's 86 years old)....


They're like this all the time......


My youngest brother, Harold, with Mother......


Aunt Bett and me..... (I'm still the favorite).....


Aunt Bett, me, and Mother.....


My cousin, Jeanette and her husband, Jimmy.....



Harold grabbing a bite to eat before I had to drive him back into the city for work.... Thankfully he was able to spend a little time with the family before he had to leave.....


Here I am with my other brother, Cameron..... (He's the older of my two brothers, and I'm the oldest of all my siblings)......


Cameron and his sweetie, Susie.... What a wonderful difference she's made in my brother's life... He's never looked more happy or more healthy than he does since she's come into it.....


And of course have to have a picture of me and my sweetie......


Unfortunately Harold had to leave before we could get a group picture of Mother and 3 of her kids, so had to settle for one with just me and Cameron...... (she has 5 children all together.... and very hard to get us all together at one time)......


Me and Jeanette.... In case you're wondering what the rest of the sign behind us says, you can look it up in Romans 10:13)......


Jimmy manning the grill...... Hamburgers, hotdogs, and some chicken legs....


We had all kinds of food to choose from.....



Dessert anyone??? .....


Hanging out and catching up.......


Bruce and Ray getting into serious conversation.....


Ray helping out with clean-up detail..... (Note the unfinished paint job on the building behind Ray.... Aunt Bett had her kids over to help her spruce up things around the property.... They started the paint job before she got there ..... When she arrived, she realized the paint didn't match the color of her home so they had to stop.... job to be continued later).......


Aunt Bett and Bruce found a little time to get together and chat.....


Bruce listening intently to Aunt Bett.......

All too soon our day was over and it was time to head home.... Bruce arrived after me, so we had to drive home in separate cars..... I was in the lead for the most part until I noticed him flashing his lights at me from my rear view mirror.... I pulled over and he took the lead... I had a sneaking suspicion what he was up to and I was right.... He lead us right to Kooler's Ice Cream Stand.... He got a sundae and I got a vanilla custard cone (small).... Very nice ending to a very nice day.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie and Fred said...

Nothing like a family picnic get together. So much better than Winter when you have to worry about the weather! The food looks great! I love picnic food!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home